Saturday, February 25, 2012

2005 Transactional Replication Performance Problems - help please

I have just upgraded from 2000 to 2005 and my transactional replication is running very slow, I already have a latency of 10 mins and its getting worse. I'm just using the default agent profile, is there anything I need to change?

Help please.

Hi Colschmoll,

which build are u use in your 2005 environment?

|||

This was caused by a trigger on one of my replicated tables. It total killed my distibution agent performance, once removed it latency went from 20 mins to 3 seconds in about 10 seconds!!!

Any idea why these triggers worked fin in SQL 2000?

|||

Hello,

I'am on build 9.0.3054.

|||try to find a specifc cumulative hotfix to solve you problem.|||

try to find on this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/936305/

|||

Can you be a little more specific? What triggers?

|||

A bespoke trigger I had on one of the subscriber tables. It was inserting data into another table on the subscriber database. Why this was causing a problem in 2K5, but was okay in 2K is a mystery to me, any ideas?

|||

Did u alread see if is there triggers enabled to replicate from publisher to subscriber?

|||

It's using Stored Procedures to replicate.

|||

Sorry, I would mean that, if your publications has tables with triggers, if you dont want that this trigges going to subscribers you have to configure it to "not for replication".My question was about it.

|||

The trigger which was causing the problem was on the subscriber table?

No comments:

Post a Comment