Saturday, February 25, 2012

2005 tools

Hi all, I just finished installing SQL 2005 Enterprise on my server. Now
what tools can I install on my client Windows XP PC to manage and control
the server? With 2000, I could install Enterprise Manager & Query Analyzer
on my Windows XP machine. I dont see any such option now? My client PC
already has VS2005 installed. Can I use that? Essentially I am looking for
something that can give me all the functionality of Enterprise Manager +
Query Analyzer.
TIA!
On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 09:16:51 -0600, <param@.community.nospam> wrote:

>Hi all, I just finished installing SQL 2005 Enterprise on my server. Now
>what tools can I install on my client Windows XP PC to manage and control
>the server? With 2000, I could install Enterprise Manager & Query Analyzer
>on my Windows XP machine. I dont see any such option now? My client PC
>already has VS2005 installed. Can I use that? Essentially I am looking for
>something that can give me all the functionality of Enterprise Manager +
>Query Analyzer.
>TIA!
>
You are looking for "SQLServer management studio". And it has the
functionality of Enterprise manager + query analyzer combined, like you
ordered! I liked a lighter program like isqlw.
Joachim.
This post is free post; you can redistribute it and/or
modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
Joachim Verhagen
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jcdverha/ (Science Jokes)
|||Do I download that from somewhere? How do I install it? Also, can I install
it on a machine with VS2005?
Thanks a Bunch!
"Joachim Verhagen" <joachim.verhagen@.xs4all.nl> wrote in message
news:0ou1n1d8866oa3ndpkl1o6v1pgejko3re3@.4ax.com...
> On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 09:16:51 -0600, <param@.community.nospam> wrote:
>
> You are looking for "SQLServer management studio". And it has the
> functionality of Enterprise manager + query analyzer combined, like you
> ordered! I liked a lighter program like isqlw.
>
> Joachim.
> --
> This post is free post; you can redistribute it and/or
> modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
> as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
> of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
> Joachim Verhagen
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~jcdverha/ (Science Jokes)
|||You can install the SQL 2005 workstation components from your SQL Server
installation media. No problem installing along side of the VS 2005 RTM.
It is important that any VS and SQL Server beta/CTP builds be removed before
installing the RTM bits.
Hope this helps.
Dan Guzman
SQL Server MVP
<param@.community.nospam> wrote in message
news:eUtdAXK5FHA.3496@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Do I download that from somewhere? How do I install it? Also, can I
> install it on a machine with VS2005?
> Thanks a Bunch!
> "Joachim Verhagen" <joachim.verhagen@.xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> news:0ou1n1d8866oa3ndpkl1o6v1pgejko3re3@.4ax.com...
>
|||Yes I removed all Betas & installed RTM on both machines. I never tried
doing a workstation components install only. I will try it and see how it
goes.
TIA!
"Dan Guzman" <guzmanda@.nospam-online.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:enq6lCN5FHA.3880@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> You can install the SQL 2005 workstation components from your SQL Server
> installation media. No problem installing along side of the VS 2005 RTM.
> It is important that any VS and SQL Server beta/CTP builds be removed
> before installing the RTM bits.
> --
> Hope this helps.
> Dan Guzman
> SQL Server MVP
> <param@.community.nospam> wrote in message
> news:eUtdAXK5FHA.3496@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>

No comments:

Post a Comment