Friday, February 24, 2012

2005 restored msdb, cant see SSIS packages ?

We recently rebuilt a dev server, and as part of that process, I restored
msdb (successfully) from backup.
But now I can't see any SSIS packages from Management Studio !
If I run this query ->
use msdb
select *
from sysdtspackages90
then I can see them all !
How do I get Management Studio to see them as well ?
TIAHi Jim
My guess this is possibly related to ownership. Did you restore the master
database as well?
John
"Jim Trowbridge" wrote:
> We recently rebuilt a dev server, and as part of that process, I restored
> msdb (successfully) from backup.
> But now I can't see any SSIS packages from Management Studio !
> If I run this query ->
> use msdb
> select *
> from sysdtspackages90
> then I can see them all !
> How do I get Management Studio to see them as well ?
> TIA|||John,
I didn't restore master. It turned out to be a problem with the registry
setting that points to the (cluster resource copy of the ) MsDtsSrvr.ini.xml
file had the wrong address. Thats why the tree didn't even have the usual
File System and MSDB sub-tree entries.
Once that registry setting was fixed and the Integration Services service
was bounced, everything behaved properly.
"John Bell" wrote:
> Hi Jim
> My guess this is possibly related to ownership. Did you restore the master
> database as well?
> John
> "Jim Trowbridge" wrote:
> > We recently rebuilt a dev server, and as part of that process, I restored
> > msdb (successfully) from backup.
> > But now I can't see any SSIS packages from Management Studio !
> > If I run this query ->
> > use msdb
> > select *
> > from sysdtspackages90
> > then I can see them all !
> >
> > How do I get Management Studio to see them as well ?
> > TIA|||Hi Jim
Thanks for the information, it's good to know you found the solution.
John
"Jim Trowbridge" wrote:
> John,
> I didn't restore master. It turned out to be a problem with the registry
> setting that points to the (cluster resource copy of the ) MsDtsSrvr.ini.xml
> file had the wrong address. Thats why the tree didn't even have the usual
> File System and MSDB sub-tree entries.
> Once that registry setting was fixed and the Integration Services service
> was bounced, everything behaved properly.
> "John Bell" wrote:
> > Hi Jim
> >
> > My guess this is possibly related to ownership. Did you restore the master
> > database as well?
> >
> > John
> >
> > "Jim Trowbridge" wrote:
> >
> > > We recently rebuilt a dev server, and as part of that process, I restored
> > > msdb (successfully) from backup.
> > > But now I can't see any SSIS packages from Management Studio !
> > > If I run this query ->
> > > use msdb
> > > select *
> > > from sysdtspackages90
> > > then I can see them all !
> > >
> > > How do I get Management Studio to see them as well ?
> > > TIA

No comments:

Post a Comment