Sunday, March 25, 2012

32-64 bit versions issue

I uninstalled the 32-bit Standard version but during install of the 64-bit trial version I got an error that the integration services could not install because the 32-bit version of COM+ was already registered and you can't have both. Need some help how to resolve this issue. Thanks

I suspect there is a conflict, I always format partitions and reload from a Ghost backup when trying stuff out. Might need to check to see where the 32-bit version installed some extras that did not get removed with uninstall.

I document every step when I set up a machine, so I can learn from problems and how to avoid them in the future.

|||OK, make sense. Now, how to fix it? Manually unregister? Thanks|||That might work, but I found it was more expedient making a hard disk full of backups and being able to roll back has so many advantages.

No comments:

Post a Comment