Tuesday, March 20, 2012

3 tables on one report

Dear all
I want to display three tables on one report. This works fine as long I
place them on the same horizontal line (3 columns). If I use 2 columns (first
column table 1, second column tables 2 and 3) I have the problem, that table
3 starts where table 1 ends. Because table 1 is longer as table 2 I have a
lot of empty space between table 2 and 3.
How can I change this?
Thanks for your answer,
MarcWell, I have a workaround: I use a subreport.
Regards, Marc|||Marc,
I am not sure what you are trying to do, but I have several reports that
need multiple tables on one report. I have had to put them within nested
list boxes at times to get a particular order of the tables to appear (since
otherwise then tend to follow one after the other and I wanted them
interlaced) - In other cases I have used rectangles to enforce placement
within a page. There are other ways to handle without a subreport. If you
give a better idea of what you want then maybe I can suggest something.
Thanks
"Marc" wrote:
> Well, I have a workaround: I use a subreport.
> Regards, Marc|||Hi MJT
Thanks for your answer. Well I'm quite new to SQL Server 2005 Reporting
Services so I struggled with placing tables on a report and arranging them as
the requirement says. Like you proposed I useed the rectangle - this works
very well! What I did not understand is the List component. When I place
several tables inside a List, this component requires a dataset. So I guess
the List is used for other purposes.
Best regards,
Marc|||Hi Marc,
A list data region repeats with each group or row in the dataset. A list
can be used for free-form reports or in conjunction with other data regions.
You could refer the following article in the SQL Books Online:
Working with List Data Regions
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms159121(d=ide).aspx
Hope this will be helpful to you to understand the List Control. Thank you!
Sincerely,
Wei Lu
Microsoft Online Community Support
==================================================
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
==================================================This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment